I can’t believe 2017 is basically over already. 2017 was such a productive year, and there were so many amazing releases in it! Picking my top 17 books for 2017 was a pretty tough choice, because there were so many new releases I loved as well as amazing (previously released) books I picked up this year.
1. How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake – I think this is my favorite book of 2017. I read it in January and I don’t think anything managed to top it. (Though there were many books that came really close.) 5/5 stars.
2. Infini (Aerial Ethereal #2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – This series is so slept on, and I get mad every time I think about it. Read it now! 5/5 stars.
3. How To Be A Normal Person by T.J. Klune – My favorite T.J. Klune book to date I can’t believe it. I honestly can’t believe I didn’t discover this author until this year. I have read so many of his books since. 5/5 stars.
4. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – This book, fuck me up. Every time I think about this I cry… I’m not even joking. I wanna fight Adam Silvera. 5/5 stars.
5. Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners #3) by Libba Bray – This is such a consistently good series. It’s a YA paranormal series set in NYC during the 1920s, like… how can you not want to read it? 5/5 stars.
6. Illegal Contact (The Barons #1) by Santino Hassell – Gavin and Noah are an OTP, that is all. 5/5 stars.
7. Lovers Like Us (Like Us #2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – This was so much better than book 1. I really connected with Moffy and Farrow here and I loved seeing their relationship develop. 5/5 stars.
8. Like Water by Rebecca Podos – This was filled with flawed and realistic characters, I hope more people will give this a chance. 4/5 stars.
9. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia – I hate that it took me so long to read this. I adored Made You Up so I’m glad this one lived up to my expectations. 4/5 stars.
10. Switched by N.R. Walker – This was one of the first books I read this year. This was friends-to-lovers, and I am trash for that trope. 5/5 stars.
11. Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde – This book was straight up adorable. The characters were endearing. The romance was sweet. I loved everything about it. 4/5 stars.
12. Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay #1) by Sloane Kennedy – I love Sloane’s books! This was the first book in her new series and of course, I fell in love with Nolan and Dallas. 5/5 stars.
13. Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee – This caught my attention because it follows a teen named Tash who is romantic asexual. Asexuality is so rare to read about it, so I had to pick it up. 4/5 stars.
14. You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon – This book made my heart sad and hopeful at the same time. *cries* 5/5 stars.
15. The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract #1) by Rachel Higginson – I really loved this. It’s a foodie romance and enemies-to-lovers. 5/5 stars.
16. Wolfsong (Green Creek #1) by T.J. Klune – This book drew me in from the first page, and for the life of me I could not put it down. 5/5 stars.
17. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – Honestly, if you haven’t given this a chance, like why? 4/5 stars.